Facebook has rolled out the new feature which allows people to broadcast live video streaming service “Facebook Live”, the feature started since February 2016 in the US for only iOS users, but now it has rolled out to Android users through the world as well.
Make sure you have updated your Facebook app to the latest version.
Now the following are steps to follow if you want to start live video streaming on Facebook:
- Open your Android or iOS Facebook app
- Tap “What’s on your mind?” at the top of your News Feed
- Tap on the Live Video icon (person icon with a broadcast signal around the head).
- Write a description for your video (optional).
- Choose an audience for your video, Friends, Public etc.
- Tap Go Live and start your live broadcast.
When you are done with your live broadcasting, tap on FINISH. Note that, the maximum allowed time for Facebook live video is 30 minutes only.
Some people in some countries does not have a live icon, well, its the matter of time before the live streaming feature is available to every person in each country, but we have another way to go through, its through Facebook Pages.
After creating your Facebook page, open that page and tap on POST icon (to create new page post), then you will see list of options including an option to create a LIVE video, tap on that option and you are ready to go.
The Following pictures illustrates this method:
1. Open your Facebook page and tap POST icon
2. Tap on a LIVE icon
3. Tap on Go Live